View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #87
Yamazaru
Dojo: Florida Aikikai
United_States
Re: *Tentative* dates for Akuzawa (Aunkai) in Seattle, WA 11/3-11/4

If anyone is having trouble deciding to go check out Akuzawa and Rob this weekend in Cali(or anywhere else he may end up), let me just add my voice to those telling you to get out there and check 'em out ASAP.

I came out to Seattle from Florida and the seminar was more than worth the trip- Ark's skill is the real deal, and it has to be felt firsthand to be truly appreciated. I've trained with people talking about "ground strength" and "lines in the body" before, but never have I felt someone who could demonstrate the effects of these principles as effortlessly as he could. His student Rob (besides having a really great name...ahem...) has "the stuff" as well, and both of them are excellent teachers both verbally and with hands-on corrections aplenty....It's great stuff that is rarely taught in such an open manner....heck, Ark even put up with my crappy Kansai-ben and annoying questions

Also, my thanks to Chris Moses for organizing the seminar and to George Ledyard for allowing us to be in that beautiful dojo of his...a great experience!!

Rob MacPherson