Thread: Schisms....
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 11:29 AM   #26
Erik
Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered 3
Well, it seems like the "rogue" organization in question takes the high road on public forums and attacks on the sly. Their website is full of subtle and not so subtle attacks on the AAA style of instruction and Aikido. The least of which is that it is "watered down." I think that a covert attempt to cause derision to create a situation where the leader could take over an organization by force is attack enough.
I'm a little confused by this statement. I assume you mean www.shinjinkai.org but I see very little mention of AAA and I certainly saw nothing derogatory but I'm a little slow in the morning. Certainly as an outsider I would have no questions based on the website.

Quote:
In regards to the rank question, most people don't question the leader's technical skill but do question his character and motives. Plus many have witnessed incidents where weaknesses in his character have influenced his technique, causing very unsafe situations for uke.
Character is an interesting thing. I think there are more than a couple of organizations that would be seeking new leadership based on some people's perceptions (mine for one) of character.

Quote:
This is a no win situation. Perhaps we should all let it go and let our practice and actions speak for our characters. In time, people will figure it out for themselves.
If so, I think you would not have written this post.

Last edited by Erik : 07-08-2002 at 11:42 AM.