View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 09:27 AM   #6
andrea anzalone
Dojo: Scuola di Aiki-Do Tadashi Abe
Re: Re: Re: Re: What "kajo" means?

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Jennings

It is, obviously, not "only the name of an armlock".

How is the connection to uke's center of balance achieved? How does, say, katatedori ikkyo omote relate to katatedori nikyo omote, ditto sankyo and yonkyo?

Observe, listen, research, cogitate on it and, above all, train, train, train.

In time, you'll find _your_ answer. It'll probably be different from _my_ answer. I know the answer I have _now_ is different from the one I had just two or three years ago.

A bigger question is why you should have to work to find your answer rather than have mine or anyone else's given to you.

Best,
Hi Greg,
i don't like answer like "Observe, listen, research, cogitate on it and, above all, train, train, train.
In time, you'll find _your_ answer." Too many people (or so called masters) have covered their ignorance by means of this phrase . Quiet, i don't want to say that you are ignorant (in this case i'm the first of ignorant because i don't write a good english! smile!)but only what i writed.
I think that men can improve themself by exchanging their own knowledges and working on hardly and that this concept could be applied on aikido as well. So by means of your answer/opinion i and others could grown up in aiki, and vice versa. For example:How is the connection to uke's center of balance achieved? How does, say, katatedori ikkyo omote relate to katatedori nikyo omote, ditto sankyo and yonkyo?
Best Regards.
Andrea anzalone