View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
sorokod
United Kingdom
Re: Multiple attackers, using their idea of what is happening against them

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
Hmm, got sucked back in...

I'm not talking about proving something beyond a reasonable doubt on an internet forum. What I'm asking for is that if someone says "this is what I'm calling Aiki" then they at least show some evidence of a link to what Ueshiba stated as Aiki. Absent that they can just say that they made it up, it's their own opnion, or whatever, and people can draw their own conclusions.

FWIW, the "investment" (emotionally, financially, in terms of their training etc...) that you talked about is, in my experience, mainly an obstacle among the conventional Aikido folks - the other guys tend to be more open minded and investigative about what may or may not be working and why.

Also, in my experience, Dan is much clearer and succinct about stating what he is and what he is about then most conventional folks (although it may not all happen on an internet forum), or is it them that you're talking about?

Best,

Chris
This is not about "proving something", this is about presenting a structured argument for a well defined statement supported by historic evidence such that one can read and form an opinion. So far I haven't seen anything like this and I suspect that this is because such structure will bear close scrutiny.