View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #12
Alec Corper

Dojo: Itten Suginami Dojo, Nunspeet
Netherlands
Re: "The Future of Aikido"

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
It saddens me to see Aikido going down. It is an art with a great potential, both martial and self developement.
So you help the process by what, humorous digs, sarcasm, sideline expertise? i think you are probably a serious martial artist but I doubt we will meet, so i have no clue. have you got a fight record, do you roll in BJJ competitions? I have students who are police offers, security guys, BJJ competitors, ex-judo players. Please stop spreading the brush so wide at every godamned opportunity

MrIggy
Quote:
Matthew Middleton wrote: View Post
How so?
Plain and simple, most of them don't train it as a martial art.

And you know this after how long training? I know plenty of people who train it as a martial art. I have also seen quite a few doing poor ju jitsu calling it aikido. The techniques in aikido are simply not unique to aikido and you can apply them ( and people do ) in silat, panatukan, krav maga, kapap, okinawate, and so on. That doesn't make it aikido. I also know guys who are just really good street fighters, they would take apart most martial artists. So what exactly do you want?

If your temper rises withdraw your hand, if your hand rises withdraw your temper.