View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #603
gasman

Dojo: Sunyata
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

whoa 25 pages of this stuff?

so one more piece of mind wont make much difference:

Dunno if the topicstarter is still reading but here comes:

I've worked as a doorman in Oslo for a good 5 years and in that time, using my aikido training as a basis for my conflict resolution strategies I have never been hit. In fact I have seldom been attacked, notably less than my fellow collegas - who in spite of being equally disinterested in fighting - have a more agressive attitude in both the situations leading up to the clash and in the clash itself.

From taking the neutral stance, verbally, mentally, physically: not (noticeably) lifting a guard - everything is geared towards defusing the situation. At the same time, I analyse the opponent and know how to take his balance and keeping safe.

I dont know why I am even writing in this thread, Ive heard so many MMA fanatics with no respect and no understanding boast their limited knowledge of what they call self defense. They say self defense but they actually mean fighting. Go figure.

I think a person with Joeysolas attitude would have his hands full every night on that job. I would not work with a Joeysola on my team at all.

So Joeysola. Good luck in your life, and get well soon.