View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: Sword Show -- see the real deal...

Quote:
Michael Hackett wrote: View Post
The show is awesome! I've attended several years running, but will miss this year's show. There will be any number of really knowledgeable folks there to help you select what is right for you - including Keith. You'll see blades, fittings, armor, even saddles and stirrups. There is no need for reservations to attend, just show up and pay the entry fee (ten bucks as I recall). The workshops are another matter as I've never tried to attend their meetings or workshops. Really nice people and very helpful. If you enjoy Japanese blades, you'll see some that will amaze you.
Last year there was this guy who had some amazing framed displays of what looked like real nihonto. But he had done them all by using various nuri techniques (traditional lacquering). They were incredible. I spent the longest time marveling over those things...

Anyway, if any of you make it come on by and introduce yourself. Just ask people to find the table held by Keith Larman and Ted Tenold. You'll eventually find us. Remember, however, that we're often covering up our table so we can to look at other tables or hit the seminars. And I think Ted is helping out with some of the NBTHK seminars this time. So we might be away for some stretches of time.