DH
United_States
Re: On Talking About Internal Training

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Do you feel adressed? Why?
Well, uhm...you quoted me as the lead-in to your post

Quote:
I've never dismissed the value of internal skills so don't mix things, please.
Well you pretty much mix the issue in the balance of your post. I try to keep them separate. Here's why.
Any sport fighter is great without them. So how would having them be validated by sport fighting?
Inversley, do the hundreds of men, if not thousands who have these skills and choose not to participate in such venues-no longer have them? Are they now invalidated?

Since the recent re-discovery of this body of work and means to train it have been made by so many members here, and since there are hundreds of posts here that speak so positively of the training method that they have chosen to adopt, and since none of them chose to adopt this training based on being beaten up...
what does that say about their judgment of the validity of these skills in their training?

How does discussing them, and who has them, how they are displayed in the arts equate to any sort of discussion of beating people up ...yet again?
All that does is mix the value of internal training and fighting. Something which I continue to discuss as separate issues, that may relate or not, depending on personal choice.

Last edited by DH : 10-05-2008 at 10:09 PM.