View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #25
Gary David

United_States
Re: A Ueshiba launch

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Of course there was a massive amount of movement and tissue displacement that launched me off the floor. Mass times acceleration can produce dramatic forces. You just cannot see the initiation of the change in mass and what propels it. I do the same thing standing and UNLIKE Ueshiba, with my legs and feet locked I pop all of me off of the ground without using the legs and feet. It's using the dantian!....................
I would just like to add in here that I have seen Dan pop himself up to standing without any apparent pre-movement as well as propel himself 4 or 5 inches off the ground standing stiff legged. The point of these demonstrations was to emphasize the massive amount of tissue displacement that one is capable of if trained for it.......think what is possible behind the hands on strike if trained.

Of course seeing it makes it real, but seeing it doesn't help with the learning of the doing, nor would video unless Dan added in the steps to getting there......... go see him.....he is after all a really nice guy willing to help if ask......

Gary