Old 09-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #33
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: Breaking the will of the ego.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Keith:

Oh how I wish that you and your wife were able to join George, his wife and mine for that week-long play date in Napa/Sonoma Valley this past summer. I think that I am still drying out....... Maybe next summer.....
Yeah, I'm really sorry we couldn't make it, but I'm still backed up and working way too many hours. One of these days I need to rob a bank then take a real vacation. Lord knows I need it. Conversations like this work much better with a little cabernet and lots of laughs.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Waxing poetic with pseudo-philosophical, pseudo-psychological babble may be a nice form of mental masturbation for some people, but I get genuinely concerned when people try and do so as teachers.
Amen.

The insidious aspect of this is that it is very difficult to discuss because to some it sounds good and appears (and may in fact be) internally consistent. But at best is rests on a shifting conceptual foundation (if there is a foundation at all) and it becomes a amorphous blob of what is ultimately misused technical sounding words expressing total nonsense.

Shrug. As I said, carry on.