View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 07:22 AM   #115
dps

Re: Video definitions, "Aiki" and other terms.

Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
Perhaps we should delay the 'how' of aiki until the 'what' of aiki is settled a bit more -particularly if one wishes the list the functions of fascia amongst the hows.
The understanding of how something works leads to better insight to what something is. The using of archaic words from a culture most of us have no idea about and definitions that have morphed over centuries of use is not helpful nor is the use of individual personal definitions. Using medical knowledge of how the body works provides a common base to define the term "Aiki".

A word is worth a word, a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million words and actually experience is priceless.

So on a medium where actually experience is not possible why not use that which is closest to actually experience, video?

Why wouldn't those who know the most be willing to post video explaining what they know.

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
At the moment, there is some discussion on QiJin about the advantages of these skills and how they give an advantage in martial-arts.... but now some people are beginning to see that if they show everyone how to do these things, the advantage can disappear.....
Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
That being said, I'm not opposed to anyone I've worked with discussing basics, etc., in an attempt to delineate a viable definition of "aiki". I think it's a worthwhile endeavor.
Why are you opposed to anyone you have not worked with trying to discussing basics?

David

Last edited by dps : 04-10-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Go ahead, tread on me.