View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
ronin67
Japan
Re: How do Akikai Aikido students learn about KI?

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote: View Post
Hi Ed,
We in Aikikai learn KI by illumination (other names are : satori or direct experience of Highest Reality). When extending our KI, we can throw aggressive and violent attacker on the street without actually touching him. This is actual default test requirement for shodan (1 degree black belt)

Can you do it? If not you, can anybody in Ki Aikido style do it? If you can do that, could you present it on video please? So we can see if you are not muscling the technique.

You can also present on video your normal dojo practice, I want to make sure you are not muscling the technique on daily basis.
Now that is truly amazing. I have to see that. Please post a video. So Aikido practitioners under the organization of the Aikikai learn KI through satori (how do you get to this state if KI isn't stressed) and the direct experinece thru the highest reality (which higher reality/thru religious enlightenment or the most realistic street reality)? That is deep. However, I've not seen that in any of the Aikido practices I observed here in Japan, under the Aikikai organization. However, that doesn't mean that it isn't done. So how do you develop a deeper understanding of KI through just waza? That is all I'm asking. I'm just interested in knowing anything that would further enhance my understanding of KI, outside of what I already practice with the KI Society? Thanks for the entertaining answer sir.

May God bless (or that highest reality) !

Ed

Last edited by ronin67 : 08-31-2011 at 07:56 PM.

"Aikido can never truly bring peace without the full understanding and application of KI ".
-Me