View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #84
OwlMatt

Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
United_States
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
qualification: that our current knowledge know of. the knowledge of the universe is currently beyond us. to say that we know everything that is possible and not, is very arrogant. we don't even know enough about our segment of the galaxy, much less the universe. what's impossible here, might be possible elsewhere.
Yes, but it's important to remember that in science saying that something could be possible means very little. I can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I haven't been all the way through the universe, so I can't say with certainty that there isn't a Flying Spaghetti Monster somewhere, but until someone provides evidence of its existence, it is sound science to operate under the assumption that there is no such thing.

Quote:
Benjamin Edelen wrote: View Post
To be fair to the "non-muscular" guys, practitioners who have the juice consistently produce results which are asymmetrical to the amount of effort they put into their techniques. Even after seeing and feeling it for years, I am still amazed by just how effective the initiated can be while putting very little energy into the system.
Oh, absolutely. But I think the real physics behind that are a lot more interesting than any mysterious "energy" people can make up.