View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #286
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: The "Jo Trick" and Similar Exercises

Quote:
Brad Darr wrote:
there is a footnote from last June that says that the article was all fake and none of it actually occured.
Oh well, I was victimized too. It sounded pretty good, but it read, to my eyes, a little too glorious and pompous, so there ya go.

I read another story somewhere, also about a Baji practitioner, but my problem is that I read these things and they get lost in the blur. If I find something more credible, I'll try to post it. The point I was trying to make to Kevin is that the world didn't suddenly discover very powerful fighting in the last 20 years... it's been around a while. What happens to most of us in the West is that we've been going through this cycle of martial arts, starting with "Judo is invincible", to "karate", to "kung fu", to "BJJ", etc., and at each stage we think we've hit on the ulimate martial art. Some of the stuff from the Tang and Ming Dynasties was a full-time devotion to tremendous strength, grappling, strikes, tearing flesh from bones, etc., and I just somehow don't think that MMA can really claim to be the top martial art the world has ever developed.

Regards,

Mike