Thread: embroidery
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 02:16 PM   #5
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Quote:
Does anyone have recommendations on where they went (in their city) to have this accomplished.
CHRISTMAN SCREEN PRINT INCORPORATED

2851 W DICKMAN RD, BATTLE CREEK, MI 49015

(269) 962-6274

Dave Christman, owner/operator

This is the same place I talked about in the Patch thread, but apparently I posted a bum link on that one Anyway Dave Christman (sounds like crisp-man) is a good guy to deal with. Make sure to specify what size you want the font though. I told him to pick whatever he thought looked good and it's a bit larger than I would have picked, but that's what you get when you leave aesthetic decisions to someone else. I've also seen him locate the name in two ways on the hakama. One follows the angle of the back piece at the vent and the other drops straight down. Just make sure to tell him which you prefer. He has other people working for him but I always talk directly with him when it comes to martial arts stuff. He's a kendo guy himself (with some karate and aikido) and will understand any martial art specific concerns you may have.

Bronson

Last edited by Bronson : 04-09-2003 at 02:19 PM.

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."