View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
aikidoprincipal
Dojo: Iwama Ryu North West
England
Re: Angry white pyjamas (One year instructor programme in Lancaster, UK)

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Hi,
Read your web page.It indicates you run a non profit org.By my reckoning your one year course would bring in gross £195000 .Now unless you are feeding the guys on caviare [my little joke] if I couldnt show a profit at the end of a year I would eat my zori. You also will have potentially 30 Molly Maids to clean /dust and maintain the premises.
Cheers, Joe.
The organisation is a not for profit organisation. No one has a salary and the cost gives a student somewhere to live, meals for five days, and over 1000 hours each tuition. After you pay for everything, and it is a pretty big list, there would not be a great deal left over. For example the venue we hire just for our club had a £60,000 per year running cost bill! We would have a venue, running costs, phone lines and internet, food, transport (minibus) to take the students to other clubs, IT facilities, printers, audio / visual equipment............the list goes on. Yes it is a large amount but it is priced failrly for what a student may receive. At the end of the year there may be some profit but that would go into the organisation and towards another one year course. Do some research into the whole project idea Joe and see how cheaply you could run an uchi deshi instructor programme for!
Regards
Iwama Ryu North West