Thread: Knowing
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
TheAikidoka

Dojo: Tenshinkan Dojo UK - mid sussex martial arts school
England
Re: Knowing

Hi Lynn, and thank you for your post, you really struck a cord in me today, Ive been struggling with a problem, a big problem for a very very long time, and this one problem effects pretty much everything I do. I wont go into details, however, over the last couple of years ive looked into so many different ways to overcome my problem, counciling, buddhism, psychology/ist, shinto, Aikido, self help groups (that one lasted one day!), self hypnosis, and many more.
But nobody asked me if I thought I was a good person, or a good man, not even myself. This one question has got me thinking all day today in a better and different way. I dont know if it will solve my problem but even asking the question has stopped me bang in my tracks.
See we may not always be able to describe what a good person is, but I believe most of us can tell a good person when we meet one!
Why? I dont know, but instincts paying attention to them and then acting on that, maybe we can find a good person in each and every one of us.

domo arigato gozaimashita.

In Budo
Andy B