View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
Sam Turnage

Dojo: Grass Valley Aikiki
United_States
Re: Help keeping my dogi paints up

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Sam, you're making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. There's a quick and cheap solution. Go to the hardware store -- any hardware store. In most stores they'll have a selection of rope that is sold by the foot. If they can't tell you which is low stretch, test it out yourself by grabbing it with your two hands and giving a tug. Find one that doesn't stretch much, then buy as much as you need. If it's a synthetic, which it probably will be, and their cutter doesn't heat-seal the ends, just use a match or lighter to do the same yourself when you get home, otherwise it will unravel on you. Problem solved!
LOL, Mary I know that, it's just how I roll. I often make things more difficult then they are. But I figure that I've been lazy and put up with this standard setup that is not working for years so why not take my time, research, lesson to others and what they have done and do it right. And why reinvent the wheel, I mean no one has suggested anything that I haven't thought of, and I didn't really expect them too. I knew that I can't be the only man that has had this problem and I was looking for people to tell me what they have tried or done, and what the pros and cons are so that I, the former carpenter and 8+ year construction superintendent don't have to go down to the hardware store and waist my time and money experimenting or what I would call "Jerry rigging" something when all I had to do is search or ask. That's what I like about forums like this, sharing knowledge and ideas. I have a saying that someone taught me long ago and tell all the guys, it's called the 6 P's of construction. "Prior planning prevents piss poor performance."

"If we are wise, let us perpare for the worst."

George Washington