View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #350
Gary David

United_States
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
O'K Gary. Thanks for that explanation. So let's take a look at it. Let's see what it is. Let's see how real it is.

Having my concepts, ways of doing, ideas, style, looked at critically by a number of others.

Did I ask for peers criticism? No.

So do I care? No.

Did we care what the peers said? No.

As a teenager their is extreme peer pressure to drink, to take drugs etc. Did I care about that? No.

In life I learn things "let's say nutrition for example". Ki atsu as another example.

Do I care about peers? No. They can go and peer and waffle ad infinitum as far as I am concerned.

So I hope this puts some perspective on the matter.

So it is not a necessity or even needed, in fact for many it's nonsense. So where is it 'important?'

In organizations where someone wants it all as they say so, yes that's one place. Also in groups where the group 'mind' says it must be this way and our way is superior. Yes, it's standard there as well.

So insular, so controlling, such a load of nonsense.

Thus I say the use of the idea of peers being all important for progress or acceptance is a load of bull.

So let's get real shall we. That's all good but it's nothing to do with "you must" The favorite words spoken by insecure control freaks.

I doubt if Musashi gave a monkeys what other peers thought. I doubt Boddhidharma did either. Or any other self determined individual.

No, it's all about self and facing the next challenge on your own path.

Peers needed for honest assessment? Don't make me laugh. That would take a very aware, honest, compassionate peer.

Peace.G.
Graham
OK I think have .....have something here................

You mistake peer pressure...pressure to conform...with peer review which is an effort in an honest evaluation of something that is being presented.

If I step up and say this is the way, I can do it all, I have a clear understanding of what the real meaning was, the real intent is........... I would expect someone to raise a hand in question.... If I say that I can handle every situation, every individual, every occurrence....I would expect some one to raise a hand in question........ If I were to say my way is the way, that the rest of you have no clue, you don't get it, you don't/can't understand it..... I would expect someone to raise their hand in question.... When folks raised their hands you took it as pressure to conform.....and walled up......

As for me I am no ones lap dog

I have a small picture posted on my wall that sez "He won't site, He won't beg, He won't heel.... BAD DOG Built to bark......"

I also have the phrases up like:
  • Be Skeptical, but learn to listen
  • Live each day with courage
  • Be tough, but fair
  • Know where to draw the line
  • Remember that some things aren't for sale
  • Take pride in your work
  • Do what has to be done
  • Always finish what you start
  • Give allegiance and respect where they are deserved and returned
  • The world is what you think it is
  • There are no limits
  • Energy flows were attention goes
  • We are each responsible for our experiences
  • The point of power is always in the present moment
  • Bless the present, Trust yourself, Expect the best………

Having said all of this....I expect folks to offer their comments and opinions, whether asked for or not, I also expect that I will look at all of these, may ask others for their take on things and adjust as needed. It is also very likely that I would get out and see by personal contact were the reality rest.....but that is just me......

Bye the way, congrats on the fun time you had with the soccer.......

Gary