View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States
Re: Iaito Sword Question

Ah.... good question. I am taking my very first iaido class this weekend. Let me start off by saying I am not planning on using an iaito anytime soon. I am however, researching to get a feel of who has what to offer, what I like, the price range of iatos, etc. I have looked at several sites. My sensei actually reccomends swordstore.com as well, but says we can get them anywhere with his approval. It makes sense since he wants us to get good quality iaito and make sure it is the right length and weight for us.

Sensei has told me that he wants me to get one within the next couple of months. Being the scientist that I am.... I am doing lot's of research. One thing that I am looking for, but doesn't have to be is I want a Sakura theme on the iaito. Like I said, this is a "want" but it doesn't have to be. Having a good iaito is more important to me then a theme, but getting both would be a bonus!

I am doing similar research for hakamas as well... so if any of you have any opinions there, I would gladly accept. Right now I am leaning towards Bujin's women's hakama... but I am not 100% sold on it yet. He does want me to get the hakama relatively soon as well.