View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
Okami
Dojo: Aiki O'kami society
United_States
Those moments of ki

Hello everyone, well I think that this is my second post on this website, (man i love this website) I was just wondering if anyone has expereineced 'true ki'? Yesterday we where doing katate tori ryote mochi shiho nage, I noticed every time I would try and force my uke's balance it was to no avail. I was way to focused on the hands and if they would budge or not, and of course when I thought of that they didn't. Well my instructor walked up and told me to have no mind, he told me to imagine I was just moving through empty space. The first few times it still didn't work but on the forth time it did and that's when I believe I experienced a split second of true ki. As I began to redirect my uke's power it was like at first the strength was there and suddenly a barrier was broken through, my uke had absoluletly no strength to resist and all I would have to do is let go and he would've hit the ground. And it was when I broke through that 'barrier' or his sphere it's just like O'sensei said, you may stand where you like because my uke had to go where I went. And it wasn't he had to strain to follow I felt the harmony. And as I just barely did the tenkan and shiho nage my uke fell, during the whole time I couldn't feel my uke's wieght on me like most techniques, it was....truly amazing. My sensei just smiled and nodded and walked over to the next group.

If anyone else has experienced something like this please tell!