View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #23
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Internal strength in bowling, fencing, golf, etc.

Cady, you are certainly quick witted!

I would say to a point it would make sense that these methodologies would be perserved somewhat in more ancient cultures than in the west. As a culture, the west was torn apart over the last 1000 years, with technology being the driving force behind our successes.

So, yes, I can see where certain methodologies to train skills would be preserved and codified.

I use the word methodology, as I do believe that there is a clear and separate distinction between methodology and skill.

What is being transmitted is the methodology and not any unique set of skills, as I hypothesize, that athletes and people that must use these type of things figure it out, or at least components of them to support there activities.

I can remember as a young guy working on potatote farms, moving heavy barrells 14 hours a day. It sucked for a couple of weeks until you figured out how to stop using muscle and "connecting" with the barrel. I could then do some pretty amazing things that made them look almost weightless.

Anyway, believe it or not, you are not so far off on your speculation concerning my goals to become a contractor in the martial area. I will most likely be working in this area in some capacity.