View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #234
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Re: Aikibudo/Yoseikan Techniques

Quote:
Peter Gröndahl wrote: View Post
Why are they going to go down if you smash their wrist? And: Are you going to be able to smash their wrist if you dont got kuzushi?

I tend to think that kotegeashi is more of a drop than a throw.
Well I don't think the larger or smaller movement really relates to kuzushi but I do believe that kotegeashi will not work unless balance is first broken. This is especially true when you are dealing with an opponent who knows all about kotegeishi and does not want to go down.

The large or small movement that is part of the actual throw depends very much on the body positioning achieved with the kuzushi and also on relative size of the tori and uke. I think the ideal situation is small movement at hip level but if they are two close this might not be the best way.

Quote:
Peter Gröndahl wrote: View Post
I find that the larger motion makes it easier to maintain kuzushi and also that the "stretch" of the larger motion helps to keep me out of range for ukes fists.
Yes I like this statement especially maintain kuzushi. Not sure if this is what Peter meant but to effect kuzushi with the kotegeashi itself is next to impossible.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido