View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Understanding "decoupling"

Quote:
Dan Richards wrote: View Post
When a body is moving energy through it, that moving energy needs to drain out of the body. This is vitally important. This is the same concept as a sink with running water. The water must constantly drain, or it gets back up. That's exactly what happens with your body when we don't properly drain the energy AS it runs through.
Now, Ark amazed me with one statement: "You keep your energy inside yourself. You don't send it outside yourself."

Another thing, the old, old saying about jin is that it "begins in the soles of the feet, is directed by the waist and manifested in the fingertips." That is all within the body.

My understanding of this is that this jin within the body is springy and repellant to pressure--peng jin is the "ward off" energy. If you push someone who has peng jin, none of your force enters his body. It is repelled and redirected by the peng energy. So you neither send nor receive energy because your jin stays inside you and their force gets shed to the ground.

This is similar to what you're saying but I feel that either I'm missing what you're saying or you're missing the nature of peng.

Quote:
Dan Richards wrote: View Post
A few misconceptions. We do not get power from the ground. The earth has no power. It's receptive. All power in the earth comes from the sun. See the "Trees grow from the air, not the ground video" in this forum. Even power that's in the earth, came/comes from the sun.
Well, what is gravity? I don't think the sun is involved in that. Gravity comes from the mass of the earth and that is the "ground power"--the pull of the earth on the body. No energy comes into or goes out of the body in that. The jin power comes from working in accordance with that downward power of the earth. The human nervous system reacts to the pressure of weight on the feet by extending the spine in exactly the opposite direction--straight up. And I believe this response is an expression of peng jin and its source in martial arts.

So your comments leave me uncertain about what you mean.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com