Thread: Race
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 07:06 AM   #36
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Race

Hi James,

The lump wasn't for you, it was for the psudo 'James', which is why I put his name in quotes. In case you missed it, he wasn't posting under his real name, which is a clear violation of aikiweb rules.

Quote:
I just wonder why I sense you are upset about the issue. Why so short?
I didn't feel that I was short, and I'm not particularly upset (certainly not with you). 'James' (psudo 'James' again) ticked me off for about a minute, and statements like the one he made will always tick me off for about a minute. In the meantime, I go about my life dealing with keiko, a father with alzheimers, a mother with diabetes (and going a little nuts dealing with my father), work, a girlfriend and all the other things in life. So if I get a little short...just chalk it up to a busy life, and a small(?) personality disorder .

The fact is, sometimes I cut people A LOT of slack over "racial" / "background" issues. Pretty much every day...that just goes with being a minority here in the states.

So please don't think I'm upset with you or anyone who disagrees with me just because they disagree. To me, that seems like an attempt to blame me for 'James''s ignorance...attempting to phrase the problem in a way that draws attention to the one highlighting the issue...rather than dealing with the ignorance itself.

Best,
Ron (hope this post was 'long' enough)

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)