View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #45
Alec Corper

Dojo: Itten Suginami Dojo, Nunspeet
Netherlands
Re: How do i know when i can feel KI?

Many years ago I had a trained guard dog, a German Shepherd, very tough dominant alpha. One day I went into a beach bar with him, or at least tried to. Laying in the corner was an Akita Inu. For those who don't know this dog, it is often used by Japanse police and military. Anyway the dog was sleeping in the corner and literally opened one eye and looked at my dog. No growl, no other discernable (to me) movement. My dog froze and backed out of the door. Never saw him like that before or after.
Subtle body language, pheromones, doggy ki?
Having fought full contact Chinese boxing many years ago I have experienced the phenomena of visceral weakening when confronted by some opponents. Nothing has happened yet but defeat is already a reality. Your muscles weaken, your energy dissipates, your power deserts you. Fear or ki? Only visual, or something chemical in the air?
When animals leave an earthquake zone did they receive a weather update. I am not a supporter of woo woo no touch throws but there is a fine line between energy and matter and it is not always clear what we respond to in a heightened state of mind or emotion.
The fact that dogs smell the hormonal secretions of fear and respond can be tested. The strange behavior of cats around people who are afraid of them is anecdotal evidence of unseen but not necessarily nonexistent signals.
Feeling ki from others is more viable than feeling it in yourself but sometimes we need an open mind without becoming gullible.

If your temper rises withdraw your hand, if your hand rises withdraw your temper.