View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #330
MM
United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
I can say that no one is ever under any delusions that my approach is anything to do with any organizational Aikido.

Peace.G.
For the faint of heart, this is all in my opinion.

I don't think you're doing aikido at all. Period. End of story. I don't even see why you're here on this forum in the aikido sections.

As a blatant personal comparison, Mary Eastland and I don't see eye to eye. I've seen her videos on her website and she's doing aikido. I would call it Modern Aikido, but that's part of our not seeing eye to eye. I have never thought that she isn't doing aikido (Modern Aikido to me). It has value, it has the form, the function, and can be recognized as aikido (Modern Aikido). We have our disagreements as to the foundational aspects of aikido as a whole, but IMO, she's still doing aikido.

You, on the other hand and from where I'm standing, are not. I fail to see any form, function, or recognizability in the videos you have posted. There is a mimicry of some small portion of certain movements, but generally, no, I really don't see any aikido to it. Had you created your own art and stated that your creation was in a small way influenced by aikido ... that I could see.

Maybe if I ever make it over there, you can show me more of your training. As with everything I post, the standard caveat is that I've been known to be wrong. Maybe there's a whole lot more than what you've shown so far ... Until then, I have to go by what you've written and what you've shown, neither of which leads me to any conclusion that what you're doing is aikido.

Mark