View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
DodgingRain

Re: Is it me, or is it getting hypocritical in here?

Due to the irreconcilable differences on all sides, I propose the art of Aikido should split into a two-party system like Republicans and Democrats to represent their vastly different visions for the art. We are at war people. Pick a side!

At the least, the IS camp can go troll on another martial art forum or create their own website/forum to expouse their crazy theories.

seriously though, I dont really understand all the ruckus. I am an outsider looking in, but I do not get where the problem is. It seems like both 'sides' are arguing the age old approaches of working on things from the outside in, or the dreaded inside out approach. 'modern aikido'/real aikido works on principles from big/external waza and practices and develops until it becomes smaller and smaller. The 'other side' of IS weirdos are working towards the same principles but from practicing very small, subtle, sensitivity/touchy feely hippy side of things with progressively more resistence to work up to the outer manifestations of waza or technique. No wonder they cant learn from each other!

Now granted there are passionate personalities of all kinds on every side (I actually dont believe there are just two sides, but more exactly like 6... or was it infinite?) but that is part of what I like about this site. whatever though, i need to stop getting drawn into alls yous guys drama and go practice.