View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #231
Bill Danosky

Dojo: BN Yoshinkan
United_States
Re: Very Disturbing news about Clint George

Quote:
Jennifer Smith wrote: View Post
...1) I am familiar with the teacher, I train in this lineage and I am aware that there are other incidents in the past that relate to abuses in this lineage as well... I wish to recognize and heal away from the generational problems we carry.
...4) It is a shame and we need to talk about how to be safe with our youth and what happens when we have people trained in arnachronistic environments who return to our society and assimilate inappropriately.
That sounds like there is some substantial background to this case that hasn't come to light yet.

When I asked the question about the fascination with this subject, my own answer was this- It's human nature that when there's a tragedy, we like to protect ourselves from similar incidents in the future. Especially in cases where our children are the vulnerable ones.

It'd be a shame if this were a problem that would've been avoidable. And one of the scariest things to hear someone say after the fact is, "If only we had known." Especially when you know someone did.

Last edited by Bill Danosky : 04-29-2008 at 04:55 PM.