View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 03:54 AM   #24
KamiKaze_Evolution
Malaysia
Re: Aikido as a journey

Quote:
Gabriel A wrote:
"Welcome to one of the most supportive places on the Net. I love it here, not just for the people who offer support to *my* vulnerabilities, but for all the *other* people who have the strength to come and show their inner selves here."

Kaitlin, thanks you for sharing and opening that window into your story! I am soo new here, that most of the time I refrain from posting (due to ignorance) aikido is very new in my life. And I wish I had more, my schedules don't fit with my training.
But just browsing through the forums every day helps so much!! Everyday (and especially with posts like yours )
I am grateful, my world expands just a bit, but it fells like more. I train kyokushin, I have always been non-violent, but always have loved MA. I train kyokushin for work out, and now aikido for my mind!!

I would like to take advantage of the moment and thank you all for making my days with your posts!!

(BOWING)
Domo arigato
Gabriel
Gabriel,

It's a quite greatful thread! Welcome to our Aikido world!

I did another art before Aikido, it was 8 years ago already. I started Aikido since 4 years ago and still in a quite shallow level, but i don't bother how deep is my current level and still try hard. Instead to totally agree of what did Kaitlin posted about, Aikido becomes a part of my life and my "best friend" ever as well.

Aikido is enough for me due to weak of spirit, it's a problem for combine my Aikido practice with martial arts else. I made a plan to combine it together with JKD but it's rates was not quite economic, i had no idea else then just getting my sole martial art practice.

Samurai spirit is harmony, peace and love, i belief that you understand it. So, we capture our opponent without ressits, struggle and collide. I don't just mean a technical matter, our daily life is included as well.

Have a nice day!