View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 03:25 AM   #21
KamiKaze_Evolution
Malaysia
Re: Aikido as a journey

I'm totally agree that Aikido is our journal of survive, of course it isn't absolutely right if Aikido is something devotional. I watched an Aikido documentary in National Geographic Channel in last wednesday, there was appearance of the Doshu, Saito Hitohiro Sensei and Yamada Yoshimitsu Sensei and taken in Aikikai Ibaraki Shibu Dojo (formerly Iwama Dojo), Aikikai Hombu Dojo and some places of Wakayama seperately.

Budo and devotion are directly 2 different meanings, those such kodotama, funakogi, furitama, chinkon, etc have no meaning of worship or something. I'm a christian as well and feel comfortable of practice, but i feel sad of some christians are still don't understand yet about our budo because they're just keep their mind of what did holy bible wrote about then they don't absolutely accept that some christians are doing our budo also.

Aikido isn't a simply test of our daily life but a lesson, i rather keep my trip going ahead than stop in middle of the way. After a term of my own consideration, i decided to return my Aikido "home" in Malaysia Aikido Association HQ, Kuala Lumpur and joined a seminar by Shobukan Dojo of Kuala Lumpur with honor of shihans from Singapore an Kobe, Japan.

Have a nice keiko!