View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
bob_stra
Australia
Re: Ogawa Tada - aiki techniques& training methods of Kodo Horikawa

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I could post detailed accounts of these various videos; what they show, the mistakes involved, what people are missing in their bodies- both internally and in execution- and then what to do and how to fix it, but I won't.

You're at liberty to do as you wish, of course. No one is holding a gun to your head. Though it seems kind of a waste of time to pop up and specifically note that you won't be participating in the discussion...

Quote:
Personally, I think it's disingenuous to ask for commentary, critique and perhaps advice from men who can show you the ropes, and what to do when Aikido teachers remain untouchable and out of bounds for those same discussions.

I didn't post the clip, Dan, nor start the thread. I merely tried to move it in a productive direction (beyond "cool clip!). Anyone can contribute (or not) as they wish.

As far as I care, there are no sacred cows - it's all open season for discussion. So if there's something you want to discuss, have at it

Quote:
Good luck in your training
Dan
Luck shouldn't factor into it, though: only hard work, brains and access to information. Discussing and dissecting examples helps, too