View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #181
Tenyu
Dojo: Aikibodo
United_States
Re: New Internal Style of The Wooden Staff

Any atemi be it physical or verbal aimed at uke in the particular simultaneously resigns the thrower into becoming uke as well. One is not separate from the harm, however well concealed, one attempts to inflict on another! This is why Aikido is so important. It took a long time before I understood this on a practical level inside the dojo. After I began working directly with ever-shifting upstream asymptotic surfaces surrounding uke, I haven't had to resort to downstream atemis which by default are dissonant in nature.

Many people to no fault of their own have grown up without the right role models of nage. Luckily there are many Aikido masters in the world who have never heard the word Aikido. But when harmony is not yet understood, many people actually prefer disharmony because the lack of either, a much needed ‘silence', is considered a form of death which primal fear vehemently resists. This dysfunctional misalignment with the universe is one of the reasons the earth is literally being destroyed.

Many people question why I would put myself on here now. If you reread my OP, I have already stated this is not what I wanted. But if one takes the time to read and understand the link on peak oil and do their own thorough independent study on the invisible elephant in everyone's living room then one will understand that time is a luxury not to be wasted.