View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
Rob Watson
United_States
Re: What is holding you back?

While the original post is actually not about kiai I refer those interested in kiai to see this article by our friend Mr. Amdur. http://www.aikidojournal.com/article?articleID=153

If one is still concerned about kiai re this thread then I submit the forest has been missed for the trees. Perhaps the way we have been taught to read has been conditioned in such a way that the literalist disables comprehension. We can read the words but we miss the message ... I often am so afflicted so I am sympathetic. Certainly rereading several times helps break out of the bonds.Try to look between the lines .. maybe there is nothing there, maybe that is where the meat is even if unintended.

Perhaps I am the dull one and the point is made that since the route towards the realization is flawed what has been discovered along the way is similarly flawed. Well, the greatest discoverys often are the results of great blunders and happenstance but are plenty valid nonetheless.

Thanks for the kind words.

"In my opinion, the time of spreading aikido to the world is finished; now we have to focus on quality." Yamada Yoshimitsu

Ultracrepidarianism ... don't.