DH
United_States
Re: O'Sensei teaching Aikido at the Hombu Dojo after WWII

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote:
Question is do you really want to correct a historical inaccuracy or just silence critics on an internet forum?
I'd bet historical accuracy (following academic standards) would cause more damage to aikido than what Pranin has made public.
Yup
There is much more he has not said as it would greatly embarrass more than a few famous people. Then again, depending on who you know, there is a tremendous amount of back story that you just can't say publicly!

Aikido owes a tremendous debt to Stanley and his work. Unfortunately there are still people seriously entrenched in a true believer mentality, coopting their own imagined O sensei over the very real -although none-the-less remarkable, Ueshiba Morihei. This is often forwarded by mid level teachers, sucking up everything they are told by their Japanese teachers and not caring or being to lazy to research. I have talked with more than a few who really don't care about Ueshiba at all. I have heard "Aikido to me is what _________ sensei tells me it is. That's all I care about."
There's nothing to say to that. They're happy.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 11-30-2011 at 12:36 PM.