View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #43
aikigirl10
Dojo: Aikido of Ashland
United_States
Re: unfair belt rankings

Quote:
Anne Marie Giri wrote:
You're goal doesn't have to be something to win. Pick a skill you might want to work on. Work on being more centered, learning to control uke, find more details to techniques. Work on learning from a resistant partner. Work on improving your ukemi whether it's better breakfalls, connection to nage, or taking only the necessary ukemi, etc. Work on variety of your techinques. Work on your movement and fluidity. Take some beginners under your wing to help them along and teach them what you already know. There's always room for improvement.
sry, i wasnt trying to sound like i already knew everything. And i realize there is always room for improvement and every time i go to class i learn something new , usually more than one thing. I mean obviously everyones goal is to be better at aikido and improve themselves. I think most people could agree on that.

Bottom line, i can only do so much at once. Sometimes with crosstraining comes sacrifices. When there is something important going on in one art i try to take time off from the other art to focus on it. And i do this with both shaolin and aikido. When im getting ready for a test in aikido i only go to shaolin about twice a month. The thing is i never test in aikido, i dont think anyone recognizes me progressing at all. So , as long as its going this way i probably will be more into shaolin than aikido.