Thread: Aikido3D
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #52
Ulises Garcia

Mexico
Re: Aikido3D

Hello everybody,

I received my copy of Aikido3D (for Windows) a couple of days ago, and I have to say that I absolutely love the product (I don't work there either). It is evident that much work, effort, wit and (most important of all) love for Aikido were invested into the creation of this learning tool. I found it kind of funny how the disclaimer ("we are not responsible for the injury resulting in the use or misuse of this product" kind of thing) pops up everytime you start the program. I agree that there's much room for improvement. For instance, once you load the program, you cannot do anything else on your computer until you quit, as the whole of the screen has been taken over by Aikido3D. I have found no way of running the program on a smaller window, or at least to have the task bar available. I have to quit the program if I want to start another application.

Further improvements could include (as stated previously) all types of Ukemi exercises (especially important for me, currently at about 30th kyu), including high breakfalls.

It would be cool if it also featured the Aikido of other grand masters, for example Steven Segal Sensei (whom I respect as Aikidoka, regardless of his personal problems), Shioda Sensei, maybe even "special appearance" of Takeda Sensei (yes, I know he's Daito-Ryu, but it would be cool nonetheless) with interchanging roles as uke or nage (maybe both at the same time). As an analogy, if the most complete chess programs feature the strategic minds of Karpov, Kasparov, Casablanca, etc., would it be really far fetched to think that Aikido3D could include Morihei Ueshiba's Aikido no less? Just a thought...

-U-

Last edited by Ulises Garcia : 11-18-2005 at 10:48 AM.

"He who dies with the most toys...still dies."