View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #23
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom
Re: Is Aikiweb an open Aikido Forum ? Or is it a

Quote:
Attilio Anthony John Wagstaffe wrote: View Post
Well lets see you in action as well shall we? I would just love to see your fantastic aikido, put up or shut up....... if you have the bottle?
Tony: if my aikido was the worst in the world, or non-existent (which I frequently assert), that would make your aikido no better (those who seek to make themselves look good by putting others down are known as bullies, by the way): it is what it is - in an absolute, not relative, sense - and if you can only look good in comparison to someone who's been training for a little over two years, then isn't that worrying, given that you've trained for decades, and attained the grade of fourth dan?

I wasn't competing, Tony - I wasn't saying 'You look shit - i'm way better.'; I was 'telling it like it is' - so how good or bad I am is irrelevant.
What is relevant is the fact that you make claims that are completely outlandish, based on reality (i.e., your aikido).

The difference between you and I is that you go around claiming to 'have it', and deriding those who are honestly trying; and I openly say that I am terrible, and I want to learn - and that there are many people out there who don't practice non-resitance with resistance, whose aikido I am in awe of.

My 'daddy'...? What are you talking about?
You exist on a level of pettiness, and childishness which most people outgrow with adolescence; perhaps this attitude of conflict, and combativeness helps explain your aikido, and lack of ability to grasp and respect the point of view of others, when it differs from your own.

Good luck with it, anyway: i'm secure with who I am; you don't seem to be, though. That's a shame.

Good day.