View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #391
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
David Ringle wrote: View Post
Graham, just because you say something is effective doesn't mean you have demonstrated its effectiveness. You have some interesting ideas but I think you are a long way from making your case.

Yes, this is a promise made by some but I have yet to see it bear fruit. I would love to meet the kind of martial bodhisattva that I've heard speculated about; a person who can stop any aggression with the power of their love. So far I haven't seen anyone who could actually shut down an attack by becoming spiritually one with the attacker. In my experience the concepts of oneness, unity and co-existence don't seem to translate into martial skill, at least not the way you're presenting them.

On the other hand, I would love to be wrong about this. It would justify the time a lot of people have spent in pursuit of their budo enlightenment. Like I said before, I have a lot of respect for you putting your views out there for people to critique. If you're ever willing to put your skills up to scrutiny in practical some way I'll take another look at your philosophy.

Dave
Just because I say it is does mean I have demonstrated it.

Not interested in scrutiny as the scrutinizers don't know what to scrutin.

However if you would like to learn how to then drop by one day.

Peace.G.