View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #51
statisticool
United_States
Re: Ki, Aiki, Aikido. The 'internal stuff' that never left Aikido

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Where do I find them?
If you want to find anything on aikido, I'd suggesting finding a Ueshiba.

Quote:
I think the dozens of men and teachers who have felt this stuff and have openly stated they were stumped..
I'm stumped by a lot of math problems, it doesn't mean that those problems are more real math than any other math problems.

Quote:
Why haven't you, Eric, or Justin responded or replied to George L.Ron, Mark M., Murray M., Mark C., Rob, Stan, Chris, or any of the other men who have openly stated otherwise?
I already stated that I don't find testimony helpful, nor endless static drills, and have already met several people (though not people you recommended) and wasn't impressed they were doing anything different than regular ol' movement. And that apparently nowhere is it stated in Chinese or Japanese by any founders that there are 'hidden' skills that are the true basis for these arts as claimed, since all texts are definitely open to different interpretations. In fact, I've stated these things so many times so it is somewhat surprising when it is claimed I haven't responded.

If others have found them helpful in improving their aikido/taiji/whatever, that is good for them. I will continue to point out that their arguments do not convince a lot of people, however.

A secret of internal strength?:
"Let your weight from the crotch area BE in his hands."