Thread: It's fall.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
robin_jet_alt
Australia
Re: It's fall.

Quote:
Mary Eastland wrote: View Post
It's raining this morning. The leaves are colorful and muted. My morning walk was only partly accompanied by others in my head. Prayer and quiet time left me alone with god and nature on my path that wind through my yard, then in and out of the woods.

Yesterday was one of those days that rise up and the winds blow in circles and months of something gets said. Speaking up is uncomfortable for me. I do it anyway. Aikido training teaches me that it is just that; training. My actions are not reprehensible nor should I be ashamed of myself as one gentleman told me I should be. I can just do my best.

I have noticed that the discussions on Aikiweb are constantly being derailed. Hardly anyone talks about Aikido anymore. Anyone that tries to gets called politically correct or too sensitive. I think about leaving and have taken a couple of breaks, yet, I want community.

I like John Stevens' translations; I like Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere. I know people can develop inner strength without competition. I know that the peacefulness of Aikido does not have to drop because you are afraid that other people will beat you up. This warring culture of MMA and corporate greed needs peace. I love the Daily Doka. I appreciate Jun's efforts in keeping Aikiweb a place for everyone's point of view. I renew my effort to stay on my side of the street.

Listening with my body, I perceive through my center, my mind rests.
Where is the like button? I like this.