View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #35
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Akuzawa Sensei Seminar in the DC Area/Aunkai

Quote:
Thomas Campbell wrote: View Post
Overall, I thought the perspective of a CIMA guy experiencing Akuzawa and his teaching was interesting. Three other CIMA practitioners were at that same seminar. The resonance (for the author) with CMA concepts points to the frequent observation--I think by Mike S.--that these training principles or insights are something of a common heritage across Asian martial arts.
I tend to be ambivalent about a lot of the opinions I read. But let's suppose that "three other" Aikido practitioners who didn't really understand the ki/kokyu concepts were at the workshop and they gave the opinion that "this stuff agrees heartily with Ueshiba's concepts". Would those be valid opinions or do you see what I'm suggesting that *all opinions are relevant to what the commenter really knows*? I'd suggest that because someone "practices any particular art" often has little to do with the opinion they voice. Even O-Sensei had some clueless students, so the opinions of "a student of O-Sensei's" needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Best.

Mike Sigman