View Single Post
Old 12-10-2001, 01:38 PM   #5
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Cool Re: Re: TO BE OR NOT TO BE IMPORTANT...

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward
My reply was not meant to cause any controversy either. I have read with great interest the many biographies about Osensei. I learned a lot from them. The only problem is that Osensei passed away in 1969, which ends his life story at that time. Osensei still lives through his teachings and the art he created. This recent event happens over 30 years after the death of Osensei and now I too am very curious to know more about it and what is behind it.
KAMI : I'm glad we both are curious. Stanley Pranin, John Stevens and Peter Goldsbury have delved in O-Sensei's life and the many things that have happened after his death.
About O-Sensei's remains new shrinement, I can tell you, according to what I know, that it was done by order of the Reverend Yukitaka Yamamoto at Tsubaki Grand Shrine to honour the memory of O-Sensei. No hidden meaning or "someone behind it". And it was given just a small note in that page I presented.
As you yourself has stated, we're both curious to now more about that.
So, if someone may help us...

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara