View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #17
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: How Long and In What Manner to Great Mastery?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I went on to the next logical step. That was to draw a comparison.
1. you have stated you cannot do these things.
That's -- oh -- about five times now -- so let's just get this over wiht once and for all, shall we, -- because there really is no other way to do it.

You ... lie. Lying. Liar. Falsehood. Untruth. Mendacity. Get a thesaurus, look it up. A big fat whopper. Link a post where I said that -- rather than your twisting of attempts to get you to ever lay out specific mechanics of your "push tests." (Mark Murray did more on that score in one video than you have in numerous posts). I've challenged you three times to prove your falsehood on that one now with no response. And if not -- Please, as a favor, keep your words in your own mouth.

You've allowed yourself to go on attack on this kind of basis to the point of getting two discussions closed in one day quite recently (a record to my knowledge). Eric Hoffer. You should read Hoffer -- You'd like him.
But why don't we try to keep this discussion civil and useful. Use a little of that martial discipline people who like you say you have. Respond to the arguments -- not to your image of me.

Specifically, the point is that decades of the right hard work and disclosure or discovery of certain principles coincide in Aiki. The order of their occurrences is argued as being variable by specific contrasting examples of Tenryu and Sagawa, both favorite examples of yours. What say you?
Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
That said, your comment about Menkyo is meaningless in that there is no menkyo I know of who shares this body of knowledge used within a MMA framework and the resultant experience in teaching it (not an art) as a condensed set of skills to then be used in their arts and that being such a variety itself. Some Menkyo's are instead becoming interested in learning and practicing these skills themselves, Erick. How about you?
Just wanted to clear the floor of any arguments about "qualification" vice reason and observation.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.