View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #101
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Much less since the tenants of what I am teaching, pre-date most of the martial methods we see. It stands to reason it will cause angst among those who learned the martial arts from the outside...in.
Tony's sarcastic comment "I guess I have been doing everything wrong..." I actually I have heard from shihan, senior teachers and students alike. "I didn't know, that I didn't know..." as a regular occurance in my world. In fact, from so many teachers in different branchs of the art that I lost track. Finding out you never really got aiki after trying most of your life is tough on all of us. More so that so many teachers didn't know how to teach it.
New age...is paltry to the host of insults I get to listen to from Tony, and this after offering to host him for free and buy him dinner.
Liar
Manipulator,
con man
scam artist
charleton
snake oil salesman
Obviously all okay to say here, and any attempt at a defense lumps me in as "being the same." What is clear is that it is NOT okay to respond.
So, no thanks to what is loosely being called a discussion, and no thanks to any meeting.
Dan
Hey, where's my free dinner? Well, more of Dan for the rest of us .

Best,

Chris