Thread: My Introduction
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 06:00 AM   #1
Ron Pyle

United_States
My Introduction

I live in Rapid City, South Dakota. I'm 44. There is no active aikido dojo here. I have just begun in MA. My Sensei of Sensei's says; among other MA, he is willing to teach me Aikido.

There is much I can say as to why I decided to study MA. I don't want to write a book here.

I would like to say. My internal war has re-erupted since starting. I started reading books aimed at 'do'. Searched for the true spirit behind serious MA. I have found that in the teachings of the founder of aikido. I'm reading The Art of Peace right now. Have two other books of his on order right now from amazon.

I was disappointed at many forums in MA. Wished to talk with others about the "do". I have seen the right spirit here. Wish to talk with others about that. Share. This, to help me with my internal war.

Right now my Sensei says I need the "hard". I must concentrate on that for now. I know, at the peak of my learning lies Aikido. He tells me one must be both hard and soft. He and I are both Christian. I have the soft down to the point that I had sat in the seat of Job....and I won. I have fellowship with my Lord in that. When my Lord comes back, it will not be as a sacrificial lamb. And neither will I.

I'll leave this introduction at this for right now. Like I said. I could write a book on this.