View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #122
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: How to teach and train relaxation

Quote:
Wayne Wilson wrote:
You're saying that Ki is all about connection with the ground (vertical).
No, I didn't, Wayne. I said Ki was about connection... everywhere; all directions. This particular example is not what I said about Ki... this example to Erick has to do with force "conversions"... a different topic.
Quote:
Ok. I think Shaner Sensei made a good point in the seminar though about how there are all these different visualizations, water traveling out your arm from your one-point, the attackers ki being directed into your one-point, the attacker's ki having no effect on your one-point, and whichever conceptual model works best, is the one you should use.
My comment, my observation, my opinion... was that from the level of skills that I felt in people, they could perhaps do better with more explicative and focused visualizations. But it depends on what level of "works for me" someone wants. Someone may be happy at the level of skills they have and not want to go any higher. Each to his own, no recriminations, etc. I.e., I only offered my perspective and nothing more.
Quote:
So if a conceptual model that is different from yours still works, why change it?
Perhaps a broadening of perspective would make the point, but I was only offering an observation. I'm not trying to convert anyone to anything.

Regards,

Mike Sigman