View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #118
rob_liberti
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Connecticut
United_States
Re: Controlling Violence Without Harm [was: Using Daito Ryu's Aiki Without Harm]

Greeze. I don't have time to read all of this yet so this is not a comprehensive response.

I thought we put all that tedious and pretentious business behind us? What happened? I last posted thinking you and I were on the same page and I was openly sharing with you not worrying about crossing every T and dotting every i.

As far as secrets. Here's the deal. Dan asked me not to show my lame skills until they are better. I assume that he's worked hard at this stuff and doesn't want it to be shown in a watered-down version. Regardless of whether the assumption is true it doesn't matter. I am making plans to have visits with several interested people in the near future. Some are a bit more concrete for sure, but I assume I'll go visit a bunch of the people who have been interesting to talk about this stuff with and show them what I'm talking about from my perspective. Now I'm only doing that out of desire the share and make friends/better friends, etc. I don't charge. I have a day job for money. So if I think someone isn't being friendly then I'll probably not share with them. Think of my ability with this skills as "ice cream". Don't tick me off and then ask me to do something for you. Regardless, I'm not dolling out anything. You can go get this information a lot better from Mike Sigman or Aukuzawa/Rob John if you like. I am not even unique in that I'm willing to share it from an aikidoka perspective because Mark Murray is also available.

So are we fighting again? I'm really hoping not.
I'll read some more of this when I can get through all of it.

Rob