View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #27
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Internal Power (AIKI?)-- Players and Haters

Budd, fair enough.

I am more about the feel and doing it than I am about trying to nail down the physics or nailing down exactly what is going on "scientifically".

Frankly I am really not smart enough to do that.

For example up at your dojo Mike Sigman "hit" me in the chest in such a way that it essentially provided no proprioceptive feedback until the point of impact which was a tremendous amount of force that went into my core. This, of course, was from minimal investment (economy) of force.

Other than from what I observed/felt, I cannot tell you really what is being done...only from what MIke was able to expain to me. He then tried to teach me how to do it, and of course, I could not, and he showed me why and where I was "bleeding" out energy.

That is all I can really say about it.

Same experiences from all the IS guys.

So, for me...I can imagine an application for that, say in a CQB situaiton where I want to maintain my balance/economy, yet deliver an efficient transfer of energy into my opponent.

What interest me, and my BJJ experiences are the same, is moving in the most efficient manner possible with the reduction of transmission of feedback to my opponent and with such economy that I can place energy/effort in the exact places I need to to effect the situation.

My experiences in BJJ says that if you can reduce feedback, then your opponent can't react to you or "orient" on you (OODA), and you can beat him.