View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #1073
Dewey
United_States
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Quote:
Joseph Connolly wrote: View Post
This thread is great. 7 years after is creation it continues to haunt and annoy the posters and lurkers of aikiweb...

Two add more thant just this comment, we just got an aikidoka in my bjj class. He is not flimsy or weak or delusional as is often purported to be the case of aikidoka outside of this sanctuary. Like everything in life, you have to be reasonable about your perceptions, goals and return on investment.
Good Lord! I didn't realize this thread existed until it was resurrected a couple days ago! I'm not sure I'll read every post (well over 1,000...yikes!), but it has made for some interesting reading. This truly is an issue of concern for some folks, no matter their position on the matter.

Per your second comment: indeed, there is no "perfect" or "best" martial art/style. Each art/style has its strengths, weaknesses and deficiencies. Every art/style was originally conceived & designed to address certain situations and scenarios, and no one art/style can exhaustively address them all.

After browsing this thread, I respond to this 7-year itching thread by saying: if someone is overly-concerned about developing their "fightin' skilz"...they'd be a fool to rely upon only one art/style. Self-defense skills, though, are an entirely different matter of discussion...

Last edited by Dewey : 07-12-2007 at 11:50 AM.